Xanterra Parks & Resorts is the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park. We are also your direct in-park source for lodging, camping, and activities in Yellowstone. We never charge a booking fee to make reservations, like some reservations services.
We also manage and maintain the in-park facilities for which we take reservations. We are committed to helping you find your ultimate Yellowstone experience, while working to protect and preserve the park for the generations to come.
We invite you to discover, or rediscover, the magic of the world’s first national park, Yellowstone.
- Hotels, lodges, and cabins – the only lodging located inside the Park
- Campgrounds inside the Park
- Recreation vehicle facility inside the Park
- Restaurants, including full service, quick service, cafeterias and snack shops/deli’s
- Gift stores
- An incredible variety of guided interpretive and sightseeing tours and adventures from full day touring motorcoach excursions to shorter morning photographic safaris and scenic boat tours to a full array of winter experiences in Yellowstone National Park
We invite you to learn more about Xanterra Parks & Resorts or visit our other destinations.
National Park Operations
- Crater Lake National Park
- Death Valley National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park South Rim
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Petrified Forest National Park
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Yellowstone National Park
- Zion National Park
State Park Operations
- Ohio State Park Lodges
- Deer Creek Lodge and Conference Center
- Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center
- Mohican Lodge and Conference Center
- Punderson Manor Lodge and Conference Center
- Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center
- Geneva State Park Marina
Resorts & Other Holdings
Xanterra Kingsmill, LLC
Windstar Cruises, LLC
The Road to Xanterra
Our Company philosophy of warm and friendly hospitality began 135 years ago with Fred Harvey, a 19th century visionary who provided weary travelers on the Santa Fe Railroad with a warm bed and a home-cooked meal. Today, we are the largest park management company in the nation, with operations spanning from Yellowstone to Grand Canyon, and we remain true to the legacy of simple hospitality established by Fred Harvey.
Our name “Xanterra” is derived from “Xanadu,” originated in the poem Kubla Khan by Samuel Taylor Coleridge, who depicts Xanadu as an idyllic and beautiful paradise, and from “terra,” the Latin word for earth. Thus, the name means “beautiful places on earth.”
At Xanterra we recognize the interdependence between our resorts and the natural environment and we are committed to the preservation and protection of the environment in each of our “beautiful places on earth.” For this reason, we’ve:
- Banned endangered fish from all our menus
- Installed emission controls on our tour buses
- Reduced our global greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduced our energy and water consumption.
And, we will continue to set the standard for ecologically sound resorts that complement, not harm, their natural surroundings.