Environmental Action at Yellowstone National Park
At Xanterra Parks and Resorts, operator of Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we believe that there are few more important – or more complex- tasks ahead of us than that of reaching an ecological balance between business and the natural environment.
We are a company based upon values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long term. We are taking the lead in this call and are implementing comprehensive environmental initiatives. Xanterra’s business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve the public lands on which we operate.
- Our business decisions balance economic viability with ecological responsibility
- We reduce and recycle waste, conserve energy and water, and educate our guests and employees on environmental stewardship
- We believe that increasing the sustainability of natural systems is not just good business—it is the right thing to do.
Xanterra’s Extensive Environmental Initiatives
- Solid Waste Management & Recycling
- Energy & Water Conservation
- Green Building
- Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
- Green Retail
- Sustainable Cuisine
- Guest & Employee Education
Environmental Certifications, Affiliations & Awards