Green Building Initiatives
- Certified new Paintbrush Employee Housing at Old Faithful to U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC) highest level, LEED Platinum, in 2015.
- As of 2015, additional LEED-registered certification projects include the Canyon Area Lodge Redevelopment and Haynes Administration Building.
- Published a handbook for architects and contractors on “Guidelines for Environmentally Sustainable Design & Construction” to inject environmental aspects into new builds and renovation projects.
- Built two LEED certified houses that produce more than 7 million btu of electricity from solar arrays.
- Requires contractors for all remodeling and new construction projects to divert, at minimum, at least 50% of resulting waste from landfill disposal through reuse or recycling. They must also complete a Waste Reduction Plan prior to contract approval, and submit a quarterly project report detailing all activities related to waste minimization and recycling.
- Upgraded Mammoth Hotel Dining Room bathroom in a sustainable remodel that includes dual-flush toilets, high efficiency hand-dryers, low-flow faucets, waterless urinals, and partitions made from recycled pressed paperstone.