Sustainable Cuisine at Yellowstone National Park
- Offers sustainable cuisine to guests and employees. Items include Green Mountain fair trade, shade grown, organic coffee; Marine Stewardship Council certified salmon; and locally raised beef.
- Works with local agricultural vendors to incorporate local foods into menus wherever possible.
- New logos on menus highlight sustainable choices in the restaurants.
- Teaches sustainable cuisine in the Chef’s Apprenticeship Program, where students in and around the Yellowstone region are introduced to its advantages and message.
- In 2010, 32% of food purchases were sustainable.
- Participated in the development of the Food for Parks initiative; Yellowstone’s environmental director attended and presented at strategic planning session at Turning the Tide in 2010.