The following is a list of other items we suggest you pack to ensure a fun and comfortable summer working in Yellowstone National Park. Check out our blog for even more details on how to prepare.
A Few Must Haves:
- Black slip-resistant shoes (see more info below)
- Laundry detergent
- Water bottle
- Alarm clock
- Weather appropriate clothing (warm layers, raincoat)
- Hat and gloves
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Prescription medicine (enough to last three weeks)
Optional Items For Home Life
- Shower caddy
- Shower shoes
- Bed linens (single-sized sheets are provided)
Optional Items For Your Free Time
- Large and/ or small backpack
- Sleeping bag
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Reading Material
Tips on Shoes to Bring
- Shoes must be black, full coverage, closed-toe, with slip-resistant outsoles. Material must be leather or non-porous material: Canvas or cloth is not permitted for safety reasons. Some departments, like Campground or Maintenance, may have different shoe requirements. Please check with your department for specifics.
- Keep your shoes clean and in good condition.
- Food & Beverage Front of House employees must wear dark socks as part of the uniform.
- You have until one week after your first paycheck to purchase the correct shoes if you did not bring a pair with you. We have a shoe purchase program through which you may buy shoes using a payroll deduction. More information on this program is available through your manager or through the Housekeeping Office.
- Shoes can be purchased online at Shoes For Crews