Make Your

Our Winter 2020/21 operations have been modified in order to address current health and safety guidelines. Please click here for more information.

I have an Interagency Access Pass/Senior Pass   [ ? ]

*Do not check this box if you have an Annual Pass.

International Applicants

International Applicants

Thank you for your interest in working at Yellowstone National Parks Lodges! We employ international students each summer season. Most students participate in the Work and Travel Program with J-1 visas. We also accept a small number of F-1 visa students. Please see specifics below.

International Students (J-1 Visas)

Attending a university outside the U.S.?

What is a J-1 Visa?

It is a student visa, meant to promote goodwill and gain a cultural understanding of life in the U.S. We participate in the Work and Travel Program.
Below are the sponsoring agencies we deal with. Visit their websites and find out how to apply for a job in Yellowstone. There are fees associated with this program, and not all agencies will have an in-country office.

Aspire Worldwide –

Generally speaking, J-1 visa applicants must:

  • Be 18 – 28 years of age
  • Be a full time student at the time of application
  • Have a maximum 4- month work period during summer vacations

These programs hold interviews from approximately October to March, depending on the agency and country. Inquiries after this time are generally not accepted. The agencies listed above are the only ones we work with for the Work and Travel Program.

We do not accept online applications from students for this program. We cannot hire you independently. You must apply through one of the agencies listed above.

International Students (F-1 Visas)

Attending a university inside the U.S.?

To secure a position in Yellowstone, all F-1 Visa holders must have a job that is related to your university studies and approved by your university.

We will require an I-20 form signed by your professor. Visit the website for more information regarding this visa. Even with a social security card, you would not be legal to work without an I-20 form.

We have some internships and apprentice programs for qualifying students. Some examples of university programs that would possibly qualify are:

  • Hospitality Majors
  • Hotel Management
  • Accounting

You must apply through one of the agencies listed above.

Please email us if you are interested.



If you have worked for Yellowstone National Park Lodges (Xanterra) before, please apply on our website. You still need to have a sponsoring agency (one listed above under the J-1 Visa information), but you do not need to attend a job fair / interview again. We can hire you directly.