We will begin accepting reservations for Summer 2019 at 8:00 am Mountain Time on May 1, 2018
On this day, especially in the morning, call volumes and online traffic will reach high levels only experienced on this day. With this in mind, we want to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. Below are a few tips to avoid extra-long hold times and online challenges:
- Try booking online or calling during the afternoon/evening times on May 1 and 2. Demand drops in the afternoon and evening and we’ve extended the call center hours to 8pm, Mountain time, on May 1 and 2. In anticipation of the traffic, we’ve also increased our call center staffing and maximized our online infrastructure.
- Book at a later date online or over the phone. After May 2, call and online volumes return to more typical daily levels. Waiting a couple days to book your reservation most likely won’t impact your ability to find lodging or campsites in the park. A majority of the reservations are made well after May 1. Certainly, some dates and/or room types are in especially high demand, but there are over 2,300 rooms, and 1,400 campsites available each night when everything is open.
- Be flexible on dates and lodging choices. Staying in the park, regardless of where, is great. Old Faithful Geyser and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone will be just as magnificent whether or not you’re staying in those area accommodations.
- If you are booking on May 1 or 2, the following will be in effect:
- Limiting callers to one reservation per call.
- Requiring all reservations to be booked by the name of the guest(s) that will be onsite and registering for that room(s) upon arrival.
- If booking campgrounds, have your vehicle and RV/tent sizes available so we can be sure we have a site suitable for your particular camping equipment.
- Online request forms for tours and dinner reservations will be unavailable during this time, so that we can devote our staff to answering calls. These services will need to be reserved by phone or at a later time when the online forms are again available.
- The online reservations system cannot be used to book commercial groups or more than 5 rooms per reservation/party. We will cancel reservations that do not comply.
- If you experience either of the following when calling or booking online, it means the systems have reached capacity and you should try again at a later time:
- An online error message that reads, “Service is Unavailable”.
- Rapid busy signal when calling means the phone lines serving our park operations are at capacity and your call is not reaching our reservations phone system.
Again, we thank you for your interest in Yellowstone, and your patience and understanding during this busy period.
News for 2019!
- Fishing Bridge RV Park will be closed for renovation during the entire 2019 summer season.
- Hotel rooms at the Mammoth Hot Springs area will be closed for renovations for the entire 2019 summer season. The cabins, restaurant, gift shop, Map Room and lobby will be open and available.
New policies impacting 2019 reservations:
- Guests will need to cancel reservations at least 7 days prior to arrival in order receive a refund of their deposit.
- The change/cancel fee will increase to $25.00. This fee is charged for each change made to a reservation within 30 days of arrival.