Reservations for Summer 2020 Open May 1, 2019
Online Reservations will open at 6:00am Mountain Time.
Phone Reservations will open at 7:00am Mountain Time.
On this day, especially in the morning, call volumes and online traffic will reach high levels only experienced on this day. With this in mind, we want to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. Below are a few tips to avoid extra-long hold times and online challenges:
- Try booking online or calling during the afternoon/evening times on May 1. Demand drops in the afternoon and evening and we’ve extended the call center hours to 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Mountain Time, on May 1. In anticipation of the traffic, we’ve also increased our call center staffing and maximized our online infrastructure.
- Book at a later date online or over the phone. After May 1, call and online volumes return to more typical daily levels. Waiting a couple days to book your reservation most likely won’t impact your ability to find lodging or campsites in the park. A majority of the reservations are made well after May 1. Certainly, some dates and/or room types are in especially high demand, but there are over 2,300 rooms, and 1,400 campsites available each night once all facilities are open for the season. Beginning May 2, our call center hours return to 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and closed between noon and 1:00 p.m. for lunch.
- Be flexible on dates and lodging choices. Staying in the park, regardless of where, is great. Old Faithful Geyser and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone will be just as magnificent whether or not you’re staying in those area accommodations.
- If you are booking on May 1 or 2, the following will be in effect:
- Callers will be limited to one reservation per call.
- Reservations must be booked in the name of the guest(s) that will be onsite and registering for that room(s) upon arrival.
- If booking campgrounds, have your vehicle and RV/tent sizes available so we can be sure we have a site suitable in size for your particular camping equipment.
- Online request forms for tours and dinner reservations will be unavailable during this time, so that we can devote our staff to answering calls. These services will need to be reserved by phone or at a later time when the online forms are again available.
- The online reservations system cannot be used to book commercial groups or more than 5 rooms per reservation/party. We will cancel reservations that do not comply.
- If you experience either of the following when calling or booking online, it means the systems have reached capacity and you should try again at a later time:
- An online error message that reads, “Service is Unavailable”.
- Rapid busy signal when calling means the phone lines serving our park operations are at capacity and your call is not reaching our reservations phone system.
Again, we thank you for your interest in Yellowstone, and your patience and understanding during this busy period.