Maps & Driving Directions to Yellowstone National Park
There are five entrances to Yellowstone National Park. Below are driving directions on how to enter the park from each of these entrances. If you are arriving via one of the nearby airports, transportation to the park may be arranged by shuttle as well.
East Entrance to Yellowstone National Park
Located 50 miles west from Cody, Wyoming, the East Entrance is accessed via the scenic Wapiti Valley of East Yellowstone.
- From Cody, Wyoming, take highway 20/14/16 West, 50 miles to the East Entrance.
- From the East entrance, Lake Village area is 27 miles West; Canyon Village area is 43 miles Northwest and Grant Village is 49 miles Southwest.
North Entrance to Yellowstone National Park
The North Entrance is located in Gardiner, Montana, 50 miles south of Livingston, Montana at Interstate 90. The closest airport is Bozeman, Montana, approximately 85 miles from the entrance.
- From Interstate 90, take the Livingston, Montana exit for Yellowstone National Park and Highway 89 South.
- Proceed 50 miles to Gardiner, Montana and the North entrance to Yellowstone.
- Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel is 5 miles south of the North entrance.
Northeast Entrance to Yellowstone National Park
Northeast Entrance to Yellowstone National Park is located just west of Silver Gate, Montana. The northeast entrance is accessible from Billings, Montana; Red Lodge, Montana and Cody, Wyoming and the scenic Beartooth Highway. This entrance is only accessible during the summer months.
From Billings, MT
- Take Interstate 90 West to Laurel, approximately 15 miles.
- Take 212/310 South for 12 miles to where 212 and 310 split.
- Take 310 South until it splits into Montana Highway 72. Hwy 72 will become Wyoming Highway 120.
- Continue South into Wyoming on Wyoming Highway 120 for 20 miles to its junction with the Chief Joseph Scenic Highway – Wyoming Highway 296.
- Turn west (right) onto the Chief Joseph Scenic Highway and travel 46 miles to its junction with the Beartooth All-American Road – US Highway 212.
- Travel west on 212 to the towns of Cooke City, Silver Gate and the Northeast Entrance.
From Red Lodge, Montana
- Travel southwest on Highway 212 (Beartooth Highway).
- Continue on Highway 212 for 70 miles to the Northeast Entrance of Yellowstone Park near Silver Gate, MT.
- Take 120 North to 296 (Chief Joseph Highway).
- 296 connects with 212 (Beartooth Highway) which is taken West to the Northeast entrance.
South Entrance to Yellowstone National Park
The south entrance to Yellowstone is located approximately 56 miles north of Jackson, Wyoming.
- Drive north on Highway 191/287/89 for 56 miles to Yellowstone, passing through Grand Teton National Park and the Rockefeller Memorial Highway.
- From the South Entrance, it is approximately 20 miles north to Grant Village, 45 miles north to the Lake Village area, and 40 miles northwest to the Old Faithful area.
West Entrance to Yellowstone National Park
Located on the west side of Yellowstone National Park, at West Yellowstone, Montana.
From Bozeman, Montana
- Take Highway 84 West to “Four Corners”, intersection with Highway 191 South.
- From there take Highway 191 South approximately 70 miles.
- Take Highway 287 for 8 miles to West Yellowstone and the West entrance.
From Interstate 15 and Idaho Falls
- Take Highway 20 North to West Yellowstone, Montana, and the West entrance.
- From West Entrance it is 30 miles to Old Faithful area following park signs.
Yellowstone National Park Maps
A PDF version of one of our Yellowstone National Park maps is also available:
The National Park Service also offers a selection of maps for the Yellowstone National Park area. Please visit the Yellowstone National Park Website to view more maps of the Park:
- Interactive Map of Yellowstone National Park
- Interactive Map of the Canyon Area
- Interactive Map of the Grant Village & West Thumb Area
- Interactive Map of the Lake, Bridge Bay & Fishing Bridge Area
- Interactive Map of the Madison Area
- Interactive Map of the Mammoth Area
- Interactive Map of the Old Faithful Area
- Interactive Map of the Tower – Roosevelt Area
Airport Shuttle from Bozeman-Yellowstone International Airport
We now offer a daily shuttle (winter season only) from the Bozeman Airport to/from Yellowstone. You can reserve your seat(s) when making your lodging reservations by phone. More information is located here, or ask the reservations agent when you call to book your stay.