As a company that has operated for over 150 years in some of the most beautiful places on earth, we take pride in every aspect of our operations to deliver an unforgettable experience to our guests. From our front-of-house staff to our housekeepers to our kitchens, our focus on the health and safety of our guests and employees has always been fundamental to our operations, as is our dedication to providing guests with flexibility to modify, customize, or cancel reservations. It is simply Second Nature to how we operate.
As we navigate these new and interesting times, we are evaluating every aspect of our operations and taking steps to strengthen employee and guest safety. This page on our website will be a resource to understand all of the practices we have in place regarding the health and safety of our employees and guests.
We look forward to welcoming you to the magical place that we are fortunate enough to call home.
What to Expect When You Arrive
In our effort to ensure our services are in compliance with current local public health guidelines, guests staying with us should expect the following:
- Consistent with CDC guidance regarding areas of substantial or high transmission, visitors to Yellowstone National Park, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask indoors. Learn more: https://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/conditions.htm.
- Based on the guidance and recommendations of public health agencies and National Park Service, we are offering limited services for Summer 2021. As health and safety guidelines allow, we hope to open additional lodging and expand services. At this point, we are not able to predict when this might happen.
- Select rooms and cabins are open. Hotel lobbies are open (without furniture) and capacity limits will be enforced.
- Campgrounds are open. Campgrounds showers will not be available until further notice. Fishing Bridge RV Park is closed in 2021.
- Certain in-room amenities have been removed. Stay-over housekeeping service is not available.
- Select tours available. All tour passengers are required to wear masks.
- Available dining outlets are open with take-out service. (Select outlets available for indoor dining.)
- Gift shops are open.
- Dates and services are subject to change based on future conditions and public health guidance.
- For the latest information about Yellowstone National Park, please visit the National Park Service’s website. In addition, visitors may also want to check travel guidelines in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho prior to traveling.
We continue to adopt appropriate sanitization measures as prescribed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and encourage you to refer to this respected resource as you make your own near-term travel plans. Our company is in frequent contact with local authorities and partners such as County Health Departments and the National Park Service to continually monitor the situation on a regional level. Together with our internal Health & Safety Team, Xanterra is also consulting with health experts to develop new operational protocols in keeping with governmental guidelines. We are closely monitoring government policy changes, CDC guidelines, government mandates, and public health advancements, and will continue to make changes as necessary and appropriate to our operations.
At Yellowstone, the safety of our guests and staff is a top priority. Our operations include lodging, food and beverage, tours, recreation, retail, and management of many public spaces. We are addressing each area of our business with a Health & Safety Team from the Xanterra Corporate Office, working in concert with our management teams in the field at each of our locations. The cross-functional team has developed a comprehensive set of policies and protocols to enhance safety for our guests and employees across all Xanterra brands.
These ongoing efforts include:
Xanterra takes great pride in our company safety and health record. Still, in these times we may find that we have to respond to a case of COVID-19 in our community. Every location within the company initiated an Incident Response Team very early in the COVID-19 event. These teams have worked tirelessly to keep our communities safe and return to business in a responsible manner. These teams all have detailed response plans in place should we have to react to an exposure event. These plans include employee and guest communication, super sanitation by industrial hygiene-certified cleaning companies and consultation with experts to create a safe environment.
In these uncertain times, it’s hard to know when will be the right time to travel again. With our generous cancellation policies, you can book now, and travel when you’re ready.
Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to give us a call at 307-344-7311. We look forward to showing you A World of Unforgettable Experiences during your stay.