As a company that has operated for over 150 years in some of the most beautiful places on earth, we take pride in every aspect of our operations to deliver an unforgettable experience to our guests. From our front-of-house staff to our housekeepers to our kitchens, our focus on the health and safety of our guests and employees has always been fundamental to our operations as is our dedication to providing guests with flexibility to modify, customize, or cancel reservations. It is simply Second Nature to how we operate.
As we navigate these new and interesting times, we are evaluating every aspect of our operations and taking steps to strengthen employee and guest safety. This page on our website will be a resource to understand all of the practices we have in place regarding the health and safety of our employees and guests.
We look forward to welcoming you to the magical place that we are fortunate enough to call home.
What to Expect When You Arrive
In our effort to ensure our services are in compliance with current local public health guidelines, guests staying with us should expect the following:
- All visitors are required to wear CDC-compliant masks while in the indoor public areas of our facilities, in tour vehicles, and in outdoor areas where proper distancing is not possible. These areas include, but are not limited to lobbies, hallways, gift shops, restaurants, offices, indoor/outdoor queueing lines, and sightseeing vehicles and boats. We thank you for your understanding and compliance.
- Rooms and cabins will be available based on current health guidelines and seasonal schedules.
- Certain in-room amenities (such as coffee makers, decorative pillows and blankets, ice machines, and all paper products) have been removed. Stay-over housekeeping service is not available.
- Select tours will be available based on seasonal schedules and subject to health guidelines. Details on available tours and related health and safety guidelines can be found here.
- Select dining outlets will be open with dine-in and take-out service.
- Select gift shops will be open, but operating under social distancing measures and in accordance with the health and safety standards.
- Dates and services are subject to change based on future conditions and public health guidance.
- For the latest information about Yellowstone National Park, please visit the National Park Service’s website. In addition, visitors may also want to check travel guidelines in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho prior to traveling.
We continue to adopt appropriate sanitization measures as prescribed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and encourage you to refer to this respected resource as you make your own near-term travel plans. Our company is in frequent contact with local authorities and partners such as County Health Departments and the National Park Service to continually monitor the situation on a regional level. Together with our internal Health & Safety Team, Xanterra is also consulting with health experts to develop new operational protocols in keeping with governmental guidelines. We are closely monitoring government policy changes, CDC guidelines, government mandates, and public health advancements, and will continue to make changes as necessary and appropriate to our operations.
At Yellowstone, the safety of our guests and staff is a top priority. Our operations include lodging, food and beverage, tours, recreation, retail, and management of many public spaces. We are addressing each area of our business with a Health & Safety Team from the Xanterra Corporate Office, working in concert with our management teams in the field at each of our locations. The cross-functional team has developed a comprehensive set of policies and protocols to enhance safety for our guests and employees across all Xanterra brands.
These ongoing efforts include:
Xanterra takes great pride in our company safety and health record. Still, in these times we may find that we have to respond to a case of COVID-19 in our community. Every location within the company initiated an Incident Response Team very early in the COVID-19 event. These teams have worked tirelessly to keep our communities safe and return to business in a responsible manner. These teams all have detailed response plans in place should we have to react to an exposure event. These plans include employee and guest communication, super sanitation by industrial hygiene-certified cleaning companies and consultation with experts to create a safe environment.
In these uncertain times, it’s hard to know when will be the right time to travel again. You can plan and book with confidence knowing that you can cancel your reservation right up to 7 days in advance of arrival and receive a full refund. More good news: when making a reservation, we only require a deposit for the first night’s room and tax for each separate hotel/lodge of your stay.
Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to give us a call at 307-344-7311. We look forward to showing you A World of Unforgettable Experiences during your stay.