Guest Services & Amenities
Lodging in Yellowstone provides the special opportunity to walk out your door into the world’s first national park. While the park provides almost limitless opportunities for amazement, exploration, and excitement, we don’t have many of the traditional amenities found outside the park. Below is a list of services and amenities available at our lodging facilities at Yellowstone National Park. Additionally, air conditioning is not available in any of the in-park guest rooms. Fortunately, typical cool temperatures in the park, especially at night, help minimize the need for air conditioning. If you require special services or amenities, we encourage you to inquire when you’re making reservations.
Other than two suites at the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel, none of the rooms in Yellowstone have television.
Internet access is available for a fee through a third-party provider. Wireless service can be purchased for use at Canyon Lodge public areas, Mammoth Hotel lounge, Old Faithful Snow Lodge (rooms and public spaces), Lake Lodge cafeteria, and Grant Village Lodge buildings. Lake Yellowstone Hotel offers in-room wired service and a business center.
Cell Phone Service
Limited cellular telephone service is available at Old Faithful, Yellowstone Lake, Canyon, Grant and Mammoth Hot Springs villages. Verizon provides the best coverage, though ATT is best at Canyon Village.
ADA Compliant Accommodations
Rooms designed for guests with physical disabilities are available at Canyon Lodge & Cabins, Grant Village, Lake Yellowstone Hotel & Cabins, Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel and Cabins, Old Faithful Inn, Old Faithful Lodge and Cabins, Old Faithful Snow Lodge and Cabins, Lake Lodge & Cabins and Roosevelt Lodge Cabins. Madison campground, Bridge Bay Campground, Canyon Campground and Grant Campground each have three ADA sites. Each site has an extended picnic table, a ground and a raised fire grate and they are located near the ADA bathroom. To make reservations for these units contact our reservations office toll-free at 1-866-GEYSERLAND (439-7375) or 307-344-7311. TDD: 307-344-5395
Bell service is available at Canyon Lodge & Cabins, Grant Village, Lake Yellowstone Hotel & Cabins, Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins, Old Faithful Inn and Old Faithful Snow Lodge & Cabins.
Laundry facilities for both camping and lodging guests are located at Lake Lodge, Old Faithful Snow Lodge and in the camper services buildings at Grant and Canyon Campgrounds and Fishing Bridge RV Park.
Outdoor parking for cars is available at all locations. Outdoor parking for buses is available at Canyon Lodge & Cabins, Grant Village, Lake Yellowstone Hotel & Cabins, Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel, Old Faithful Inn and Old Faithful Snow Lodge & Cabins.
Making The Choice To Travel With Your Pet
If you’re like most pet-owners, your pets are an important part of your family, and as such, part of your travel plans. Luckily, while traveling to Yellowstone National Park, you don’t have to leave your best friend at home or boarded in a kennel while you travel. We offer cabin accommodations for both you and your pets to stay while in the park. Available locations include the following:
- Lake Hotel and Cabins
- Lake Lodge Cabins
- Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel and Cabins
- Canyon Lodge Cabins
- Old Faithful Lodge Cabins
- Old Faithful Snow Lodge Cabins
- Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
It is important to note that pets are not allowed on boardwalks and trails within the park. More information related to traveling with pets in Yellowstone can be found here.
If You Want to Bring Your Pet
Yellowstone National Park is a natural environment with free-roaming wildlife. Pets are particularly at risk of being injured by park wildlife. For your pet’s safety and the safety of all the park’s wildlife, you need to keep your pet leashed or restrained at all times and not left unattended. Your pet may not be more than 100 feet from established roads and parking areas. Pets are not allowed on trails or in the backcountry.
Federal regulation dictates that we are unable to provide transportation for your pet on our buses and snowcoaches. Please consider this when making reservations for those activities.
- Pets are not allowed in hotel rooms and public areas. In cabin units, quiet and housebroken dogs and cats are allowed. No other pets are allowed in cabin units.
- A maximum of two pets per cabin is allowed.
- Guests will be charged a $25 fee for each unit occupied at each location by an animal during their stay.
- Pets must be declared when registering with the Front Desk.
- Pets must be leashed or restrained at all times. They may not be left unattended and must be kept quiet. They cannot be left unattended in a vehicle.
- Food and water bowls may not be left outside, as they attract park wildlife.
- You must clean up after your pet.
- Guest pet(s) must have all recommended vaccinations currently up-to-date and must be able to provide a Health Certificate and records from a licensed veterinarian regarding their pet(s) if Xanterra Parks & Resorts or the National Park Service requests this information at any time.
- More information from the National Park Service regarding traveling with pets in Yellowstone can be found here
Lost and Found
If you lose something at any of our Yellowstone National Park facilities including hotels, campgrounds, restaurants, or tours, please visit any in-park Front Desk and we can advise as to whether the item has been turned into us. If you’ve already left the park, please call our Lost and Found department at 307-344-5387.