Popular with fishing and boating enthusiasts
2015 Dates – Opens: May 22, 2015 | Closes: September 7, 2015 | Estimated Rate: $22.50
Site types: Tent, RV, ADA, and combination RV/tent
Bridge Bay Campground was named for its proximity to Bridge Bay Marina on Yellowstone Lake. The area is quite scenic, with wooded areas, open meadows and some limited views of the lake. Because of its location, the campground is popular with fishing and boating enthusiasts. The campground offers open sites with few trees or shadier options in the wooded upper loops of the campground. The location is within sight of the western shoreline of Yellowstone Lake, and at 7,800 feet in elevation.
GPS Coordinates to Bridge Bay Marina Campground Check-In: N 44 32.070 W 110 26.218
Specifics About Bridge Bay Campground
There are over 400 regular sites and 4 group sites available at Bridge Bay Campground. Early in the season, several loops are closed to reservations due to potential bear activity. RV, tent and combination RV/tent sites are available. Sites for hikers and cyclists are also available. Portions of the lower loops of the campground are more open with fewer trees. The upper loops are more wooded, with a combination of sunny and shaded sites. Some sites have a distant view of Yellowstone Lake. Additional campground facilities and services include:
- 16 public restrooms with flush toilets and faucets with cold running water.
- Dishwashing stations are located at the restroom buildings.
- Pay showers and coin laundry facilities are located 3 miles away at Fishing Bridge RV Park. Rates for this campground do not include showers.
- All campsites have a picnic table and fire grate and water is accessible nearby.
When calling to make a reservation be prepared to give the size of your tent (in feet) or the combined length of your RV and any other vehicles or towed vehicles. (e.g. the length of your truck in addition to the length of your trailer when fully open.)
- Campground rates are per night, for up to six people or one family (parents with dependent children) and do not include taxes and utility fee.
- Campground sites that will accommodate a maximum combined length of 40-feet or more are limited.
Please keep in mind that most campsites in Yellowstone will not accommodate oversize units. If you arrive at the campground/RV park with equipment different than that for which you have reserved, we will not be able to accommodate you.
Rates do not include taxes and utility fee. Rates and dates are subject to change. Interagency Access and Senior Pass discounts are applicable at this campground. Hiker/biker, per person $7.00.
RV Guests at Bridge Bay Campground
RVs up to 40’ long may be accommodated in pull-through and back-in sites. The sites may not be level, so campers should plan accordingly. There are no utility hookups but an RV dump station is available outside the campground entrance near the Bridge Bay Marina. The dump station may not be available early and late season due to freezing temperatures. Pay showers and coin laundry facilities are located at the Fishing Bridge RV Park, just 3 miles north.
Other Services Located At or Nearby Bridge Bay Campground
- The Bridge Bay Campground is located just two miles south of the Lake Village. At this village are Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Lake Lodge. Between the two operations we offer a full-service restaurant, cafeteria, lounges, gift shops, tours, post office, clinic and a general store with groceries.
- Just outside the campground entrance is the Bridge Bay Marina. The marina complex offers boat tours, rental boats, dock rentals, boat fuel, boat ramp, guided fishing trips, fishing gear, fishing licenses, some limited grocery supplies, picnic area and a National Park Service Ranger Station.
- Information and reservations for tours of Yellowstone are available at the campground registration building.
- The National Park Service offers evening Ranger programs at the amphitheater located in the campground.
- Interdenominational church services provided by a Christian Ministry in the National Parks are offered on Sundays at the amphitheater.
Important General Guidelines for Yellowstone Campgrounds and Fishing Bridge RV Park
- All campgrounds operated by Yellowstone National Park Lodges have restrooms with cold water and flush toilets.
- Coin-operated ice and soft drink machines, and recycling and refuse containers are located nearby.
- Individual campsites have one picnic table and one fire grate (except at Fishing Bridge RV Park-which has neither).
- Group campsites have one picnic table and one fire grate for approximately every six people and are for tent camping only. Showers are not included in group campsite rates.
- Firewood is sold at all campgrounds except Fishing Bridge RV Park.
- Food storage regulations are strictly enforced at all campgrounds.
- Sites that accommodate RVs at Canyon, Bridge Bay, Grant Village, and Madison campgrounds are either pull-through or back-in with limited width for slide-outs and MAY NOT BE LEVEL; please plan accordingly.
- Some sites are shaded while others are in open areas.
- All sites at Fishing Bridge RV Park are back-in sites, located in an open area surrounded by a pine forest.
- The Interagency Access and Senior Pass is applicable for discounted rates (50%) at all Yellowstone campgrounds except Fishing Bridge RV Park.
See the Park Without Moving the Rig
You can book tours in advance though our reservations office by calling 1-866-GEYSERLAND or at the activities desk located at the campground registration office. The following guided tours have a pick-up point at the Bridge Bay Campground:
Food At Your Campground
Please note that odors attract bears. The following items (new, clean, dirty, empty or full) may NOT be left outside, in tents, or in tent trailers at any time, day or night. Items listed below need to be stored in a hard sided vehicle or in shared food storage boxed located throughout our campgrounds when not in use. A violation of these rules may result in a citation and/or confiscation of these items. The bears’ future and the safety of others depend on you.
- Water containers
- Cooking utensils
- Eating utensils
- Drinking utensils
- Beverage containers
- Ice chests
- Trash or trash bags (in the site or fire pit)
- Pet food
- Pet food bowls
- Pet water bowls
- Wash basins
- Any item with food odor
Picnicking & Fast Foods
Picnic meals, fast food, and deli lunches are available from our restaurants and snack shops. Please inquire at any Xanterra Parks & Resorts food service outlet. Yellowstone National Park features several picnic locations. View National Park Service picnic guidelines and locations for additional information.
Dining in the Park
There are no specific dining facilities located at the campground. Dining facilities are, however, available throughout the park, ranging from fine dining restaurants to snack shops and cafeterias. Dinner reservations are required at the fine dining facilities. Inquire at any lodging front desk or dining room host stand when you arrive at the park. We recommend you enjoy the following Yellowstone National Park Lodges Restaurants and Cafeterias that are located nearby this campground: