Fishing Bridge RV Park
Estimated 2014 Dates – Opens: May 9, 2014 | Closes: September 21, 2014 | Rate: $50.00
Site types: RV
The Fishing Bridge Recreational Vehicle Park is located near the mouth of the Yellowstone River as it leaves Yellowstone Lake. The RV park is named after the Fishing Bridge, a wooden vehicle bridge that used to provide a great platform from which park visitors would fish for native Cutthroat trout. Today, fishing is not allowed from the bridge, although visitors still congregate on the walkways to watch White Pelicans and other waterfowl gliding along the river’s surface, and trout swimming under the crystal clear water.
GPS Coordinates to Fishing Bridge RV Park Check-In: N 44 33.820 W 110 22.167
Specifics About the Fishing Bridge RV Park
The Fishing Bridge RV Park provides approximately 340 sites designated for hard sided recreational vehicles only. This is because the RV park is located in bear habitat. Also because of its location, we ask that RV campers be especially diligent in their compliance with park food storage regulations. Sites are double-wide with a limited space for slide outs. Recreational vehicles up to 40 feet in length can be accommodated. All sites are open with back-in access. A pine forest surrounds the RV Park. Additional facilities and services include:
- Full hookups for electricity, water and sewer (50 amp)
- Coin laundry and pay showers in the nearby Camper Services facility
- Rates for this campground include 2 showers per night.
- An RV dump station is also available near the entrance. The dump station may not be available early and late season due to freezing temperatures.
When calling to make a reservation be prepared to give the combined length of your RV and any other vehicles or towed vehicles. (e.g. the length of your truck in addition to the length of your trailer when fully open.)
- Fishing Bridge RV sites will accommodate a tow unit and towed unit side-by-side. For example, a 35-foot site would accommodate an 18-foot truck and a 35-foot trailer (unhooked) side-by-side in the site. Adjust for slide outs.
- Rates are per night and do not include taxes and utility fee.
- Rates include two showers per night. Rates do not include taxes and utility fee. Rates and dates are subject to change. Interagency Access Access and Senior Pass discounts are not available at Fishing Bridge RV Park.
Please keep in mind that most campsites in Yellowstone will not accommodate oversize units. If you arrive at the Campground/RV Park with equipment different than that for which you have reserved, we will not be able to accommodate you.
Rates include two showers per night. Rates do not include taxes and utility fee. Rates and dates are subject to change. Interagency Access Access and Senior Pass discounts are not available at Fishing Bridge RV Park. Golden Age/Golden Access 50% Discount not available.
Other Services Located At or Nearby Fishing Bridge RV Park
- The RV Park is located near a service station (offering fuel, propane and mechanical repair services) and a general store with groceries and camping supplies.
- Across from the Fishing Bridge general store and gas station the National Park Service operates the historic Fishing Bridge Visitor Center and Museum. A small bookstore, exhibits and information are available here. Near the visitor center is an NPS amphitheater where Ranger programs are offered.
- Interdenominational church services provided by a Christian Ministry in the National Parks are offered on Sundays at the amphitheater.
- Just a few miles south is the Lake Village where the Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Lake Lodge provide a range of services including a full-service restaurant, cafeteria, gift shops, and tours. A general store, clinic and post office are also located at the Lake Village.
Important General Guidelines for Yellowstone Campgrounds & RV Parks
- All campgrounds operated by Yellowstone National Park Lodges have restrooms with cold water and flush toilets.
- Coin-operated ice and soft drink machines, and recycling and refuse containers are located nearby.
- Individual campsites have one picnic table and one fire grate (except at Fishing Bridge RV Park-which has neither).
- Group campsites have one picnic table and one fire grate for approximately every six people and are for tent camping only. Showers are not included in group campsite rates.
- Firewood is sold at all campgrounds except Fishing Bridge RV Park.
- Food storage regulations are strictly enforced at all campgrounds.
- Sites that accommodate RVs at Canyon, Bridge Bay, Grant Village, and Madison campgrounds are either pull-through or back-in with limited width for slide-outs and MAY NOT BE LEVEL; please plan accordingly.
- Some sites are shaded while others are in open areas.
- All sites at Fishing Bridge RV Park are back-in sites, located in an open area surrounded by a pine forest.
- The Interagency Access and Senior Pass is applicable for discounted rates (50%) at all Yellowstone campgrounds except Fishing Bridge RV Park.
See the Park Without Moving the Rig
You can book tours in advance through our reservations office by calling 1-866-GEYSERLAND or at the activities desk located at the campground registration office. The following guided tours have a pick-up point at the RV Park Registration Office. Advance reservations are recommended.
Food At Your Campground
Please note that odors attract bears. The following items (new, clean, dirty, empty or full) may NOT be left outside, in tents, or in tent trailers at any time, day or night. Items listed below need to be stored in a hard sided vehicle or in shared food storage boxed located throughout our campgrounds when not in use. A violation of these rules may result in a citation and/or confiscation of these items. The bears’ future and the safety of others depend on you.
- Water containers
- Cooking utensils
- Eating utensils
- Drinking utensils
- Beverage containers
- Ice chests
- Trash or trash bags (in the site or fire pit)
- Pet food
- Pet food bowls
- Pet water bowls
- Wash basins
- Any item with food odor
Picnicking & Fast Foods
Picnic meals, fast food, and box lunches are available from our restaurants and snack shops. Please inquire at any Xanterra Parks & Resorts food service outlet. Yellowstone National Park features several picnic locations. View National Park Service picnic guidelines and locations for additional information.
Dining in the Park
There are no specific dining facilities located at the campground. Dining facilities are, however, available throughout the park, ranging from fine dining restaurants to snack shops and cafeterias. Dinner reservations are required at the fine dining facilities. Inquire at any lodging front desk or dining room host stand when you arrive at the park. We recommend you enjoy the following Yellowstone National Park Lodges Restaurants and Cafeterias that are located nearby this campground: