A relaxing setting
2015 Dates – Opens: June 21, 2015 | Closes: September 20, 2015| Summer 2015 Rate: $27.00
Site types: Tent, RV, ADA, and combination RV/tent
Located on the southwest shore of Yellowstone Lake, the Grant Village Campground is situated at an elevation of approximately 7,800 feet in a lodgepole pine forest, just a few miles from the enchanting West Thumb Geyser Basin. This geyser basin is located on the shore of the lake, with an easily navigated boardwalk and trail system providing terrific views of the various hot springs and thermal features. The campground offers a relaxing setting with easy access to many services and amenities. Grant Village Campground is just over 40 miles from Colter Bay.
GPS Coordinates to Grant Village Campground Check-In: N 44 23.610 W 110 33.769
Specifics About Grant Village Campground
There are over 400 sites at the campground, including tent, RV and combination tent/RV sites. There are also 8 group campsites. Campsites for hikers and cyclists are also available. As noted above, the campground is set in a partly wooded area near the southwest shore of Yellowstone Lake. Guests can find partly-shady or sunny sites, depending on availability. Additional campground facilities include:
- Picnic table and fire grate; accessible water near campsite
- 17 public restrooms with flush toilets and faucets with cold running water
- Dishwashing stations are located at most restroom buildings
- Pay showers and laundry facilities located at the nearby Camper Services facility
- Rates for this campground include 2 showers per night
When calling to make a reservation be prepared to give the size of your tent (in feet) or the combined length of your RV and any other vehicles or towed vehicles. (e.g. the length of your truck in addition to the length of your trailer when fully open.)
- Campground rates are per night, for up to six people or one family (parents with dependent children) and do not include taxes and utility fee.
- Campground sites that will accommodate a maximum combined length of 40-feet or more are limited.
Please keep in mind that most campsites in Yellowstone will not accommodate oversize units. If you arrive at the campground/RV park with equipment different than that for which you have reserved, we will not be able to accommodate you.
Rates include two showers per night. Rates do not include taxes and utility fee. Rates and dates are subject to change. Interagency Access and Senior Pass discounts are applicable at this campground. Hiker/biker, per person $7.00.
RV Guests at Grant Village Campground
RVs up to 40 feet in length can be accommodated in certain sites. The sites may be back-in or pull through. As sites may not be level, campers and recreational vehicle users should plan accordingly. There are no utility hook-ups at this campground, although an RV dump station is available. The dump station may not be available early and late season due to freezing temperatures.
Other Services Located At or Nearby Grant Village Campground
- In the Grant Village itself, approximately a mile from the campground, there are many services available including a full service and casual dining restaurant; gas station with gas, diesel and propane; gift shop; post office and general store with groceries available.
- The National Park Service provides a Ranger station, visitor center and amphitheater offering exhibits and Ranger programs.
- Interdenominational church services provided by a Christian Ministry in the National Parks are offered on Sundays at the amphitheater.
Important General Guidelines for Yellowstone Campgrounds
- All campgrounds operated by Yellowstone National Park Lodges have restrooms with cold water and flush toilets.
- Coin-operated ice and soft drink machines, and recycling and refuse containers are located nearby.
- Individual campsites have one picnic table and one fire grate (except at Fishing Bridge RV Park-which has neither).
- Group campsites have one picnic table and one fire grate for approximately every six people and are for tent camping only. Showers are not included in group campsite rates.
- Firewood is sold at all campgrounds except Fishing Bridge RV Park.
- Food storage regulations are strictly enforced at all campgrounds.
- Sites that accommodate RVs at Canyon, Bridge Bay, Grant Village, and Madison campgrounds are either pull-through or back-in with limited width for slide-outs and MAY NOT BE LEVEL; please plan accordingly.
- Some sites are shaded while others are in open areas.
- All sites at Fishing Bridge RV Park are back-in sites, located in an open area surrounded by a pine forest.
- The Interagency Access and Senior Pass is applicable for discounted rates (50%) at all Yellowstone campgrounds except Fishing Bridge RV Park.
See the Park Without Moving the Rig
You can book tours in advance though our reservations office by calling 1-866-GEYSERLAND or at the activities desk located at the campground registration office. The following guided tours have a pick-up point at the Grant Village Lodging Office:
Food At Your Campground
Please note that odors attract bears. The following items (new, clean, dirty, empty or full) may NOT be left outside, in tents, or in tent trailers at any time, day or night. Items listed below need to be stored in a hard sided vehicle or in shared food storage boxed located throughout our campgrounds when not in use. A violation of these rules may result in a citation and/or confiscation of these items. The bears’ future and the safety of others depend on you.
- Water containers
- Cooking utensils
- Eating utensils
- Drinking utensils
- Beverage containers
- Ice chests
- Trash or trash bags (in the site or fire pit)
- Pet food
- Pet food bowls
- Pet water bowls
- Wash basins
- Any item with food odor
Picnicking & Fast Foods
Picnic meals, fast food, and deli lunches are available from our restaurants and snack shops. Please inquire at any Xanterra Parks & Resorts food service outlet. Yellowstone National Park features several picnic locations. View National Park Service picnic guidelines and locations for additional information.
Dining in the Park
There are no specific dining facilities located at the campground. Dining facilities are, however, available throughout the park, ranging from fine dining restaurants to snack shops and cafeterias. Dinner reservations are required at the fine dining facilities. Inquire at any lodging front desk or dining room host stand when you arrive at the park. We recommend you enjoy the following Yellowstone National Park Lodges Restaurants and Cafeterias that are located nearby this campground: