An evening you won’t soon forget
Grab the saddles and hitch up the wagon for an evening you won’t soon forget. You can ride out to Yancy’s Hole on a horse or in a covered wagon. When you arrive you’ll find those cooks dishin’ up some real cowboy grub at our popular Old West Dinner Cookout.
The coffee’s brewin’ over the open campfire, and our wranglers love talkin’ your ears off over a strong “cup o’ Joe!” When we ring the “dinner bell”, you’ll line up for real western beef steaks cooked to order, our signature Roosevelt Baked Beans, potato salad, coleslaw, cornbread muffins, and fruit crisp. And if all this is not enough, you’ll find your boots tappin’ to old western songs sung by our singin’ cowboy. You may have come here as a city slicker, but you’ll go back as a regular cowpoke!
Old West Cookout Menu
- Steak (12 oz. serving for adults, 6 oz. for children)
- All-you-can-eat coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans, chuck wagon corn, corn muffins, watermelon, fruit crisp, and assorted beverages.
- Vegetarian meals can be accommodated with advance notice.
Horseback Ride to Cookout
The one-hour ride goes through sagebrush flats (following the trail used for the regular one-hour horse ride) to the cookout site. The return ride is direct and takes about 30 minutes.
The 2-hour rides goes through woods, sagebrush flats, and meadows (following the trail used for the regular 2 hour horse ride) to the cookout site. The return ride is direct and takes about 30 minutes.
- Minimum age required to ride is 8 years old.
- Minimum height required to ride is 48″ (4 feet) tall.
- Maximum guest weight permitted is 240 pounds.
Wagon Ride to Cookout
Ride takes 30 – 45 minutes and goes through sagebrush flats (following the same road used for the stagecoach rides) to the cookout site. The wagons are canvas-covered with padded bench seats; each wagon is drawn by two horses.
Children 2 and under are free if they share from adult’s plate and ride on a lap. Child rate applies for children 3 – 11 years who will have their own plate. Children 11 and under must be accompanied by someone 18 years or older.
- Since the cookout begins at dusk, this can be a perfect time to watch wildlife in the Roosevelt area.
- One of the highlights of the cookout is enjoying a good old fashioned cup of coffee brewed over a campfire.
- Some of the best cobbler around is served during the cookout. Be sure to save room for dessert.
|Old West Dinner Cookout – Roosevelt – Dates & Rates for 2015
|Operating Dates||Days of the Week||Check-In||Adult Rate||Child Rate|
|2 hour Horseback||6/6/15 – 8/11/15||Daily||3:45pm||$88||$81 (8-11)|
|8/12/15 – 9/6/15||Daily||2:45pm||$88||$81 (8-11)|
|1 hour Horseback||6/6/15 – 8/11/15||Daily||4:30pm||$79||$69 (8-11)|
|8/12/15 – 9/6/15||Daily||3:30pm||$79||$69 (8-11)|
|Wagon||6/6/15 – 8/11/15||Daily||4:45pm||$60||$49 (3-11)|
|8/12/15 – 9/6/15||Daily||3:45pm||$60||$49 (3-11)|
|9/7/15 – 9/12/15||Daily||2:45pm||$60||$49 (3-11)|
Roosevelt Chuck Wagon Dinner
This is experience was excellent! Our driver Caitlyn was not only a great driver but great story teller, along with her partner, I believe his name was Roy(?)
We truly enjoyed this event.